Secure Your Bike And Bicycle
More than 500,000 bikes and 26,000 motorbikes are stolen every year according to the British Crime Survey, and numbers are rising annually.
- When at home, keep your bike or motorcycle out of sight by storing it securely in a garage or shed using ground anchors or heavy chains with locks tested to Sold Secure Gold or Silver standard.
- When securing your bike remember to secure the frame to the wheels.
- Consider buying a motorbike or bicycle locker/garage that meets Secured by Design standards.
- If storing the bike outside is unavoidable, ensure you safely locate and anchor items to a secure structure with chain and padlock or bike lock which meet Secured by Design or Sold Secure gold or silver standard.
- Register it with a Secured by Design accredited forensic marking company.